Father Edmund J. Robinson
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
- 1955: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1955-1958: St. Paul’s Indian Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1958-1959: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1959-1962: St. Paul’s Indian Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1962-1964: St. Ignatius (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1964-1966: St. Mary’s Indian Mission (Omak, WA)
- 1966-1968: St. Paul’s Indian Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1968-1972: St. Ignatius (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1972-1973: St. Mary’s Mission (Omak, WA)
- 1973-1981: St. Ignatius (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1981-1984: Sacred Heart (DeSmet, ID)
- 1985-1986: St. Luke’s (Woodburn, OR)
- 1986-1988: St. Thomas the Apostle (Harlem, MT)
- Unknown: St. Jude (Havre, MT)
- 1988-1993: St. Joseph Regional Medical Center (Lewiston, ID)
- 1993-2014: Regis Jesuit Community (Spokane, WA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Edmund J. Robinson:
Fr. Edmund J. Robinson, was a priest of the Oregon Province, ordained in 1955. He spent most of his career working at Indian Missions in Montana, Washington, and Idaho.
In 2011, Robinson was accused of raping a 5-year-old girl back in 1963 in St. Ignatius Mission, Montana in the Diocese of Helena. According to media reports, at least one of the plaintiffs in the civil suit filed by 10 accusers alleged abuse by Robinson when he was assigned to St. Paul’s Mission in Hays, Montana.
As of 2017, a total of 9 people, both men, and women have come forward with allegations of sexual abuse against Robinson. The abuse took place on Indian reservations in the 1950s and 1960s.
In 2015, Robinson’s name was included on the Diocese of Helena list of its members who have been identified as perpetrators of sexual abuse.
In 2018, Robinson was included on the Diocese of Great Falls-Billings list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse.
In 2018, Robinson was also included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. It notes allegations reported in 2008 in reference to abuse of a minor that took place in 1959-1964, 1963-1965, 1966-1968, 1968-1972.
Robinson died in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.