Father Edward F. Gallagher – Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1946-1947 St. Ignatius (Kingston, PA)
- 1947-1949 St. Ann (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 1949-1950 St. Anthony of Padua (Dunmore, PA)
- 1950-1955 Holy Name (Swoyersville, PA)
- 1955-1967 St. Peter’s Cathedral (Scranton, PA)
- 1967-1979 St. Joachim (Meshoppen, PA)
- 1979-1982 St. Ann (Freeland, PA)
- 1982-1992 St. Patrick (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- 1992 Named Pastor Emeritus, St. Patrick (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Gallagher:
Father Edward Gallagher was not identified or discussed in the 2018 grand jury report but his name did appear on the August 2018 list of credibly accused priests published by the Diocese of Scranton. Unfortunately, no information was provided as to the gender/age of the victim(s) nor the date(s) the abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, it does mean that the allegation(s) was found to be credible by the Diocese of Scranton’s internal Review Board.
Gallagher died in 2001. At the time, he remained a priest in good standing, albeit a retired one.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.