Father Ernest Justin Hill
Diocese of Portland (Servants of the Most Holy Trinity)
Assigned as follows:
- 1951: St. Anne’s and St. Joachim (Carthage, MS)
- 1952-1954: Annunciation (Kiln, MS); Our Lady of the Pines (Catahoula, MS); St. Joseph’s (Fenton, MS); St. Louis of France (Rocky Hill, MS); Infant of Jesus (White Cypress, MS)
- 1954-1956: Holy Ghost Cenacle and Shrine of Saint Joseph (Sterling NJ)
- 1956-1958: St. Elizabeth’s (Colonial Beach, VA); St. Paul’s (Hague, VA); St. Francis (Kilmarnock, VA); St. Anthony’s (King George, VA); St. Timothy’s (Tappahannock, VA)
- 1958-1962: Sacred Heart (Hitchcock, OK); St. Joseph’s (Loyal, OK); St. Eugene’s (Canton, OK)
- 1962-1965: St. Anne Mission (Manchester, KY)
- 1965-1977: Holy Trinity Missionary Cenacle (Silver Springs, MD)
- 1977-1978: Dorothy Day Catholic Worker (Washington DC)
- 1978-1980: Sacred Heart (Soldier Pond, ME); St. Mary Star of the Sea (Stonington, ME)
- 1980-1993: Unknown
- 1993-1994: Holy Trinity Seminary (Silver Springs, MD)
- 1995-2021: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Ernest Justin Hill:
Fr. Ernest Justin Hill was a brother of the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity order before becoming a priest in 1951. He served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Portland. According to media reports, in 1994, he was suspended by his order for refusing to undergo psychological testing. He was under investigation for being accused of inappropriate behavior with teenagers. He denied the allegations.
In 1999, he was accused of child sexual abuse in Maine, in the late 1970s or early 1980s. In March 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Jackson’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. It noted an allegation of child sexual abuse reported in 1994 occurring in Indiana in 1992.
Hill died in 2003.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Portland in Maine. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maine, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Portland now have legal options, but filing deadlines may apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Maine and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.