Father Felipe Baldonado
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Franciscans
- 1939-1942: St. Boniface (Banning, CA)
- 1942-1943: St. Turibius (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1943-1944: Precious Blood (Banning, CA)
- 1944-1947: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1947-1949: St. Turibius (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1949-1950: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1950-1953: St. Francis Retreat (San Juan Bautista, CA)
- 1953: St. George (Seattle, WA)
- 1953-1964: CA Mission Preacher (Oakland, Stockton, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, CA)
- 1953-1958: Mission to Migrant Workers, Diocese of Toledo OH Summers
- 1964-1967: Sacred Heart (Phoenix AZ)
- 1967-1969: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969: Holy Cross Retreat (Mesilla Park, NM)
- 1969-1986: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1986-2002: Sts. Simon & Jude (Huntington Beach, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Felipe Baldonado:
Fr. Felipe Baldonado was a member of the Franciscan Friars of the Province of Santa Barbara, part of what is formally known as the Order of Friars Minor.
In 2019, Baldonado was included in the Franciscan Friars Province of Santa Barbara’s “List of Franciscan Friars from the Santa Barbara Province Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor” in the section “Deceased Former Province of Santa Barbara Friars Who Have Been Credibly Accused.”
According to this list, a report was made in 2003 alleging that Baldonado sexually abused a minor in approximately 1959. The Franciscans also report that from 1953 to 1964, Baldonado worked as a Mission Preacher in Oakland, Stockton, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
In 2019, Baldonado was also included on the Las Cruces diocese’s list of “Persons Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse Against Minors”. In 1969, Baldonado was assigned to Holy Cross Retreat Center in New Mexico.
In 2020, Baldonado was named on the Diocese of Stockton list. It notes that while there are no known allegations of abuse by these men made in the Diocese of Stockton, each has been listed as credibly or publicly accused in other dioceses, through their religious orders or has been otherwise cited in public sources as having faced credible accusations outside our diocese.
Baldonado died in 2003.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.