Father Herbert D’Argenio
- 1959-1960: St. Thomas of Canterbury (Newburgh, NY)
- 1961-1976: St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus (Bronx, NY)
- 1977-1977: Personal Board Archdiocese of New York
- 1978-1979: Spiritual Development Office – Director of Retreats; (Larchmont, NY)
- 1980-1982: Regina Coeli (Bronx, NY)
- 1983-1983: Department of Education – Office of Seminary Education
- 1984-1987: Personal Board Archdiocese of New York
- 1988-1989: St. Lucy Church (Bronx, NY)
- 1990-1994: Unknown (Bronx, NY)
- 1995-1997: St. Lucy Church (Bronx, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Herbert D’Argenio:
Fr. Herbert D’Argenio was named publicly in 2017 as part of a settlement reached in the Archdiocese of New York’s compensation program, which identified D’Argenio as one of the priests accused of sexual abuse. D’Argenio worked at St. Theresa of the Infant Jesus in the Bronx from 1961 to 1976 and ran a group called “Herbert’s Boys” to recruit new priests during his tenure.
According to media reports, D’Argenio was one of eight priests accused of sexual abuse of a minor. In 2017, six victims from separate incidents were to receive a $1.8 million settlement from the Archdiocese of New York and the Diocese of Brooklyn.
D’Argenio was also named on Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender are unknown.
D’Argenio died in 1996.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.