Father John (Jack) Ventura
Diocese of Paterson
Assigned as follows:
- 1969: Our Lady of the Lake Church (Mount Arlington, NJ)
- 1970-1971: St. Christopher Church (Parsipanny, NJ)
- 1972: St. Mary of the Lake Seminary (Highland Lakes, NJ)
- 1973: Our Lady of Sorrows Church (Birmingham, AL)
- 1974-1975: St. Paul’s Cathedral (Birmingham, AL)
- 1976-1981: St. Leo Church (Demopolis, AL)
- 1982: Our Lady of the Lake Church (Pell City, AL)
- 1983: Holy Spirit Church (Huntsville, AL)
- 1984: Unknown
- 1985: Immaculate Conception Church (Orrville, AL)
- 1986-1987: Absent on Leave
- 2003: Retired
- 2004-2019: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John (Jack) Ventura:
Fr. John (Jack) Ventura was ordained for the Diocese of Paterson. He was incardinated into the Diocese of Birmingham in 1974. According to media reports, he was removed from ministry in 1985 after allegations of child sexual abuse were reported. Ventura retired in 2003. In December 2018, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Birmingham’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Ventura’s current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Paterson. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Paterson, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Paterson now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.