Father Joseph Dondero
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1940-1943: St. Ignatius College Preparatory (San Francisco, CA)
- 1948-1950: St. Joseph’s Parish (San Jose, CA)
- 1950-1951: Loyola Marymount University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1951-1958: The Jesuit Retreat House of Los Altos (Los Altos, CA)
- 1958-1973: St. Joseph’s Parish (San Jose, CA)
- 1973-1979: St. Thomas of Canterbury (San Jose, CA)
- 1979-1997: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Joseph Dondero:
Fr. Joseph Dondero was ordained a priest in 1946, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2002, he was accused of sexually abusing a child while at St. Joseph’s in San Jose, California in the 1960s.
In 2018, Dondero was included on the Diocese of San Jose list of priests credibly accused of child sex abuse. That same year, he was also included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. On the Jesuits West Province list, it notes that there was a report of child sexual abuse in 2003 and 2005 of incidents that occurred between 1961-1965.
Information about the age/gender of Dondero’s alleged victims and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Dondero died in 1997.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.