Father Louis Newman
Diocese of Rockville Centre
Assigned as follows:
- 1958-1962 St. Pius X (Plainview, NY)
- 1962-1969 Cure of Ars (Merrick, NY)
- 1970-1977 Diocesan Tribunal (Canonical Consultant, Promoter of Justice, and Vice Officialis
- 1977-1980 St. Boniface (Elmont, NY)
- 1980-1984 St. Ignatius of Loyola (Hicksville, NY)
- 1984-1989 SS Cyril and Methodius (Deer Park, NY)
- 1989-1991 St. Patrick (Carlsbad, CA)
- 1992-1994 Priest Released from Diocesan Assignment
- 1994-2002 St. Columba (San Diego, CA)
- 2002 Retired
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Louis Newman:
Father Louis Newman was ordained in the Diocese of Rockville Centre but left in the late 1980s to continue his priesthood working in the Diocese of San Diego. According to media reports, in 2002, he was removed from ministry amidst allegations of sexual misconduct with minors.
Newman is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The list states that the alleged sexual abuse occurred in Newman’s private residence and in his car. The details including when and where the alleged abuse occurred are unknown. He retired in 2002. His whereabouts from 2003 until his death in 2011 are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.