Father Luke Zimmer
Diocese of Sacramento
- 1954-1955: Queen of Peace Mission Seminary (Jaffrey, NH)
- 1955-1957: Sacred Hearts Novitiate (Fairhaven, MA)
- 1957-1959: Monastery of the Sacred Hearts (Fairhaven, MA)
- 1959-1961: Seminary of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (Winona, MN)
- 1961-1967: Bishop Amat Memorial High School (La Puente, CA)
- 1967-1968: Sacred Hearts Seminary (Hauula, HI)
- 1968-1971: St. James (Palolo, HI)
- 1973-1976: Christ the King Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1976-1981: Sacred Hearts Fathers Apostolate of Christian Renewal-Christ the King Center (Pomona, CA)
- 1981-1988: Apostolate of Christian Renewal-Christ the King Center (La Puente, CA)
- 1982-1989: Congregation of the Sacred Hearts (La Verne, CA)
- 1989-1997: Apostolate of Christian Renewal-Christ the King Center Holy Family Home of Peace (Fillmore, CA)
- 1995-1996: Gave seminars in the Diocese of Sacramento
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Luke Zimmer:
Fr. Luke Zimmer was a Sacred Heart priest who founded the Apostolate of Christian Renewal Center in Wisconsin, through which he traveled the U.S. directing parish renewals. Throughout his 50-year career, Zimmer worked in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Hawaii, Minnesota, and California. He also led retreats and pilgrimages worldwide.
In 1993, Zimmer was accused in a lawsuit of sexually abusing a young girl at one of the churches he worked at in Wisconsin from 1979-1980. His name appears on the Diocese of Sacramento’s list in 2019 of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse.
Zimmer died in 1997.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.