Father Mark Finan
Assigned as follows:
- 1949: Indianapolis College/West Baden College (West Baden Springs, IN)
- 1950: Tertianship (Auriesville, NY)
- 1951: St. Louis University (St.Louis, MO)
- 1952: St. Francis Xavier (Cincinnati, OH)
- 1953-1955: University of Detroit (Detroit, MI)
- 1955-1956: Ohio John Carroll University (Cleveland, OH)
- 1956-1958: Xavier University College of Liberal Arts (Cincinnati, OH)
- 1960-1961: Chicago Province of the Society of Jesus (Oak Park, IL)
- 1961-1964: St. Xavier High School (Cincinnati, OH)
- 1965-1967: Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat House (Barrington, IL)
- 1967-1973: Loyola University Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- 1974-1993: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Mark Finan:
Fr. Mark Finan was ordained a priest in 1948. Finan completed his tertianship within the Diocese of Albany in 1950. According to media reports, Father Mark Finan was accused of child sexual abuse, multiple times. One incident allegedly occurred in 1944, while he was working at St. Ignatius College Prep in Chicago, Illinois. Finan was transferred from Xavier University in 1958, two years after the allegations were said to have ended. Another incident allegedly occurred from 1964 to 1965 while he was working at St. Xavier High School in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Finan was dismissed from the Jesuit order in April 1973. In January 2019, he was named on the list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.”
Finan died in 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Albany, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.