Father Mike Nocita
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1978-1980: Mary Star of the Sea (San Pedro, CA)
- 1981-1982: St. Bruno (Whittier, CA)
- 1981-1982: St. Paul High School (Santa Fe Springs, CA)
- 1983: Maria Regina (Gardena, CA)
- 1983-1984: Bishop Montgomery High School (Torrance, CA)
- 1984: American Martyrs (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- 1985-1987: Sacred Heart (Lancaster, CA)
- 1985-1987: Paraclete High School (Lancaster, CA)
- 1988-1989: Seminary of Our Lady, Queen of the Angels (Mission Hills, CA)
- 1988-1989: Alemany High School (Mission Hills, CA)
- 1990-1991: St Timothy (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1992-2018: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Mike Nocita:
According to reports made to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Fr. Michael Nocita has been accused of sexual abuse by three women between 1975 and 1985. Fr. Nocita was a deacon seminarian and worked at St. Bridget’s of Sweden in Van Nuys from approximately 1974 to 1976 when he allegedly sexually abused a 16 year-old-girl. In 1988, law enforcement received a report of child sexual abuse dating back to 1980-1982.
In July 2007, civil lawsuits that named Nocita were settled as a part of the massive Archdiocese of Los Angeles $660 million negotiated agreement. In 2012, Fr. Nocita was named in another sexual abuse civil lawsuit. He worked as a teacher at St. Paul High School in Santa Fe Springs when he allegedly sexually abused a 15 year-old-girl in 1981. The victim claimed that the Church paid for her counseling, which prevented her from filing suit against them in 2003.
Fr. Nocita was placed on inactive leave in 1991, removed from ministry in 2000, and laicized in 2006. Fr. Nocita was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. As of 2014, it was reported that Fr. Nocita was residing in Tarzana, CA.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.