Father Michael O’Farrell
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1945-1956: St. Agnes (Rockville Centre, NY)
- 1957-1966: St. Agnes (Rockville Centre, NY)
- 1967-1974: St. Anne’s (Brentwood, NY)
- 1975-1978: St. Lawrence the Martyr Church (Sayville, NY)
- 1990-1991: St. Philip Neri Church (Northport, NY)
- 1992-2000: Retired; St. Philip Neri Church (Northport, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Michael O’Farrell:
Fr. Michael O’Farrell was ordained a priest in 1943. According to media reports, in 2019, O’Farrell was accused in a civil lawsuit of repeatedly abusing an 8-year-old male student boy at St. Anne’s in Brentwood, New York, for two years from 1967 to 1969. O’Farrell retired in 1992 and died in 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.