Father Michael O’Farrell
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1944 Unknown
- 1945-1956 St. Agnes (Rockville Centre, NY)
- 1957-1966 St. Agnes (Rockville Centre, NY)
- 1967-1974 St. Anne’s (Brentwood, NY)
- 1975-1978 St. Lawrence the Martyr Church (Sayville, NY)
- 1979-1989 Unknown
- 1990-1991 St. Philip Neri Church (Northport, NY)
- 1992-2000 Retired; St. Philip Neri Church (Northport, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Michael O’Farrell:
According to media reports, in 2019, Father Michael O’Farrell was accused in a civil lawsuit of abusing an 8-year-old male student boy at St. Anne’s in Brentwood, New York, from 1967 to 1969. He retired in 1992 and died in 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.