Father Michael Plourde
Diocese of Portland
Removed from ministry: 1994
Assigned as follows:
- 1976-1978: St. Joseph (Biddeford, ME)
- 1978-1983: St. Hyacinth (Westbrook, ME)
- 1983-1986: St. Joseph (Biddeford, ME)
- 1986-1990: St. Agatha (St. Agatha, ME)
- 1986-1990: St. Michael’s Chapel (Madawaska, ME)
- 1989-1990: St. Joseph (Sinclair, ME)
- 1989-1990: St. Eutrope (Guerrette, ME)
- 1990-1992: St. Mary (Augusta, ME)
- 1992-1993: St. John the Baptist (Winslow, ME)
- 1993-1994: St. Joseph (Gardiner, ME)
- 1993-1994: Lay Chaplain at Augusta Mental Health Institute (Augusta, ME)
- Holy Cross (Lewiston, ME)
- Holy Family (Daigle, ME)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Michael Plourde:
Fr. Michael Plourde was ordained a priest in 1976, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Portland. According to media reports, in 2007, he was sent for treatment in 1989 after he was found to have engaged in inappropriate conduct with an adult. He returned to active ministry following treatment.
In 1994, the Diocese of Portland received an allegation that Fr. Plourde sexually abused two minor boys in the 1970’s. The alleged abuse occurred when the priest was assigned to St. Joseph in Biddeford. Information regarding the nature of the alleged sexual abuse and the ages of the victims was not provided by the Diocese of Portland. Fr. Plourde was removed from active ministry following this allegation.
The Diocese of Portland received two additional complaints in 1996 and 2002 against Plourde for offenses that took place prior to Plourde’s removal. The diocese did not provide any details regarding these allegations.
Fr. Plourde was laicized in 2008. His last known address was in Biddeford, ME.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Portland in Maine. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maine, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Portland now have legal options, but filing deadlines may apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Maine and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.