Father Michael Salamone
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1974-1975 St. Rita’s (Long Island, NY)
- 1976-1980 St. Leo’s (Corona, NY)
- 1981-1983 Our Lady of Mercy (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1984-1995 St. Pancras (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1992 Catholic Migration and Refugee Office, Catholic Migration Services, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1996-1997 Absent on Sick Leave
- 1998-1999 Unknown
- 2000-2002 Most Precious Blood (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2003-2005 Retired
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Michael Salamone:
According to media reports, in 1994, a man alleged that Father Michael Salamone had repeatedly sexually abused him for one year when he was a 14-year-old boy in the early 1980s. He was permanently removed from ministry in April 2002, and retired in 2003.
In November 2017, the alleged victim received a settlement offer from the diocese’s Independent Reconciliation and Compensation Program (IRCP). In February 2019, Father Salamone’s name appeared on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.