Father Miles O’Brien Riley
Archdiocese of San Francisco
- 1963-1964: Unknown
- 1964-1968: St. Raphael’s (San Rafael, CA)
- 1968-1970: St. Paul’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1970-1982: Mission Dolores Basilica (San Francisco, CA)
- 1982-1989: (St. Gabriel, San Francisco, CA)
- 1989-1991: Special assignment (San Francisco, CA)
- 1991-1995: St. Catherine of Siena (Burlingame, CA)
- 1992-2002: Special assignment (San Francisco, CA)
- 1995-2002: St. Mark’s (Belmont, CA)
- 2003: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Miles O’Brien Riley:
In 2002, Fr. Miles O’Brien Riley was accused of sexually abusing a child in the early 1970s when she was 16 years old. The Archdiocese of San Francisco reviewed the accusation and permitted Fr. Riley to step down from his duties and retire quietly.
Fr. Riley became well-known for his radio ministry and as a fixture on the old God Squad TV show. Since his retirement, he published eleven books and hundreds of articles, as well as produced a dozen films, and hosted over 1500 television and 4000 radio shows.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.