Father Milton Eggerling
Diocese of San Jose/Diocese of Oakland/Diocese of Sioux Falls
- 1954-1958: St. Joseph Cathedral (Sioux Falls, SD)
- 1958-1959: Corpus Christi (St. Paul, MN)
- 1959-1960: Bishop Ryan High School (Minot, ND)
- 1959-1960: St. Therese the Little Flower (Minot, ND)
- 1960-1961: University of Minnesota Newman Hall (Minneapolis, MN)
- 1961-1962: St. George (Harford, SD)
- 1961-1962: St. Joseph (Huntimer, SD)
- 1962-1965: St. Magdalen (Lennox, SD)
- 1962-1963: St. Edward (Worthing, SD)
- 1965-1967: St. Agatha (Howard, SD)
- 1965-1967: Deans and Council of Vigilance (Sioux Falls, SD)
- 1967-1970: Roncali Central Catholic High School (Aberdeen, SD)
- 1970-1971: St. Felicitas (San Leandro, CA)
- 1971-1973: Corpus Christi (Piedmont, CA)
- 1973-1978: St. Louis (Austin, Texas)
- 1974-1978: Austin State Hospital (Austin, TX)
- 1978-1979: School for the Deaf
- 1979-1983: Providence Hospital (Oakland, CA)
- 1983-1984: St. Augustine (Oakland, CA)
- 1984-1987: Our Lady of the Rosary (Palo Alto, CA)
- 1987-1988: On Special Assignment
- 1988-1991: Parroquia Santiago Apostol En Comas (Lima, Peru)
- 1991-1993: St. Patrick (Rodeo, CA)
- 1993-2008: St. Stephen (Boston, MA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Milton Eggerling:
In 2016, Fr. Milton Eggerling was accused and named in a lawsuit for sexually abusing a former altar boy in the 1970s. When the abuse started, the boy was 11-years-old and continued for 5 years. The abuse took place while Eggerling was assigned to St. Louis parish in Austin, Texas. According to media reports, the minor was from a broken home. Eggerling plied the minor with special attention, gifts, trips, and alcohol.
Eggerling had many transfers within and among multiple dioceses, including Sioux Falls SD, St. Paul-Minneapolis MN, Bismarck ND, Oakland CA, Austin TX, San Jose CA, Lima Peru, and Boston MA.
In 2019, Eggerling was included on the Diocese of Austin and Diocese of Sioux Fall’s list of clergy and religious who have been credibly accused of committing sexual abuse against a minor.
Eggerling died in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.