Father Robert Kurilec
- 1969: Kilroe Seminary of the Sacred Heart (Honesdale, PA)
- 1970-1971: Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary (Lenox, MA)
- 1972-1973: Divine Heart Seminary (Donaldson, IN)
- 1974: St. Alphonsus (Dearborn, MI)
- 1975-1978: Antonian College Preparatoty School (San Antonio, TX)
- 1979: Cleveland Central Catholic High School (Cleveland, OH)
- 1980: St. Michael (Cleveland, OH)
- 1981-1982: Unknown
- 1983: St. Catherine (Riverside, CA)1
- 1984: Military Chaplain
- 1985-1987: On Duty Outside the Diocese (SB); LCDR, CHC, U.S.M.R., (Wildwood, IL)
- 1988-2004: On Duty Outside the Diocese (SB); USN, 3908 Roebling Ln., (Virginia Beach, VA)
- 2005-20017: Retired
- 2018: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Robert Kurilec:
Fr. Robert Kurilec was ordained a priest for the Congregation of the Priests of the Sacred Heart. According to the Diocese of San Bernardino, Fr. Kurilec was accused of sexually abusing children in 1970 and 1972 in Indiana, Illinois, and Maryland.
The Diocese allegedly learned of the allegations in 1987, reported to the US Navy in 1988, and subsequently reported it to law enforcement in 2002. At some point, the Diocese of San Bernardino permanently banned Fr. Kurilec from ministry in the Diocese, and the Vatican sentenced him to a life of prayer and penance.
Fr. Kurilec was included in the Diocese of San Bernardino’s 2018 list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. His current whereabouts and whether he has access to children since 2018 are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of San Bernardino, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.