Father Murrough Wallace
- 1960: Immaculate Conception (Sacramento, CA)
- 1960-1966: St. Charles Borromeo (Sacramento, CA)
- 1966-1970: Our Lady of Lourdes (Colusa, CA)
- 1970: Immaculate Conception (Corning, CA)
- 1970-1990: Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament (Sacramento, CA)
- 1970-1990: Diocesan Director of CYO (Camp Pendola)
- 1981-1990: Bishop Manogue High School
- 1990-1993: St. John Vianney (Rancho Cordova, CA)
- 1993-2003: St. Theresa (South Lake Tahoe, CA)
- 2009-2010: Our Lady of the Assumption (Carmichael, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Murrough Wallace:
In 2018, Fr. Murrough Wallace was accused by a man who said Wallace and another priest sexually abused him in 1985 when he was 17 at Camp Pendola, where Wallace volunteered. After serving a 50-year career in Northern California, Wallace retired in 2008.
The Diocese of Sacramento released a statement in 2018 saying “In light of the allegation raised by Mr. Doe, Bishop Soto has directed Msgr. Murrough Wallace, retired pastor of St. Theresa Parish in South Lake Tahoe, to withdraw from ministry until more facts can be gathered.”
Fr. Wallace is listed on the Sacramento Diocese’s list of credibly accused in 2019. It shows two other allegations were also reported to the Diocese of Sacramento in 1995, each of abuse of young adult males, and the 2018 allegation.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.