Father Myles Kearney
Diocese of Baton Rouge
Removed from priestly ministry: 2002
Assigned as follows:
- St. Theresa of Avila Catholic Church (Gonzales, LA)
- St. George Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Sacred Heart of Jesus (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church (White Castle, LA)
- St. Mark Catholic Church (Gonzales, LA)
- St Francis De Sales (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Director of Deaf Apostolate (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Joseph Catholic Church (Grosse Tete, LA)
- St. John the Evangelist (Prairieville, LA)
- St. Joseph Cathedral (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Chaplain at Woman’s Hospital (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Chaplain at Columbia Medical Center (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (Lakeland, LA)
- St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Most Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Anne’s Catholic Church (Sorrento, LA)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Myles Kearney:
Fr. Myles Kearney was ordained a priest in 1971, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Baton Rouge. According to media reports, in April 2002, a complaint of sexual misconduct was made against Fr. Kearney with the Diocese of Baton Rouge. The alleged abuse was said to have occurred in the late 1980’s when Fr. Kearney was assigned to St. John the Evangelist in Prairieville, LA. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse was not provided by the Diocese of Baton Rouge. He was removed from priestly ministry in 2002.
Two individuals named Fr. Kearney served the Diocese of Baton Rouge. The allegation of abuse is NOT against the Fr. Kearney who was ordained in 1938 and was assigned to Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in St. Francisville, LA.
Fr. Kearney’s whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.