Father Rayner Harrington
Diocese of Oakland/Franciscans
Assigned as follows:
- 1941-1948: St. Anthony’s (San Francisco, CA )
- 1948-1949: St. Francis of Assisi (Spokane, WA)
- 1949-1961: Our Lady of Lourdes (Seattle, WA)
- 1961-1967: St. Anthony’s (Tigard, OR)
- 1967-1968: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1968-1969: Serra High School (Salem, OR)
- 6/69-9/69: Our Lady of Peace Friary (Salem, OR)
- 1969-1976: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1976-1983: St. George’s (Seattle, WA)
- 1983-1986: (Edmonds, WA)
- 1986-1995: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Rayner Harrington:
Fr. Rayner Harrington was a Franciscan priest. In 2020, his name appeared on the Franciscans’ Santa Barbara Province list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted an allegation of child sex abuse in 1996 reported that same year. Harrington was also included on the Diocese of Oakland list. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Harrington’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Harrington died in 1996.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Oakland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Oakland now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Oakland and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.