Father Patrick McNamara
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Jesuits
- 1963-1964: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1965-1969: Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969: University of Texas
- 1970-1979: University of New Mexico
- 1979-1980: Santa Sophia (Spring Valley, CA)
- 1980-1982: Sacred Heart (San Diego, CA)
- 1982-1983: Sacred Heart (San Diego, CA)
- 1983-1987: St. Pius X (Chula Vista, CA)
- 1987-1989: University of Santa Clara (Santa Clara, CA)
- 1989-1990: St. Pius X (Chula Vista, CA)
- 1991-1993: Marian High School (Imperial Beach, CA)
- 1993-1994: St. Vincent de Paul (San Diego, CA)
- 1994: St. Mary Magdalene (San Diego, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Patrick McNamara:
Fr. Patrick McNamara was a Jesuit priest in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and San Diego. In 2003, Fr. McNamara was accused of sexually abusing a child from 1961 to 1965 while serving at Loyola University and has been named in one civil lawsuit alleging child sexual abuse.
It is believed that Fr. McNamara left the Jesuit order in 1968 after he earned his Ph.D. in sociology from UCLA. He reportedly took a job as an assistant professor at the University of Texas. Fr. McNamara died in 2001. He was named in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.