Father Paul F. Corkery
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Jesuits
- 1923-1930: St. Ignatius College (San Francisco, CA)
- 1930-1931: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1931-1940: Gonzaga University and High School (Spokane, WA)
- 1940-1943: Bellarmine High School (Tacoma, WA)
- 1943-1948: St. Joseph’s (Yakima, WA)
- 1943-1948: Mission of St. Joseph’s in Yakima (White Swan, WA)
- 1943-1948: St. Mary’s (Indian Reservation, Yakima County, WA)
- 1948-1959: St. Mary’s Indian Mission (Omak, WA)
- 1948-1957: St. Anthony’s Chapel (Desautel, WA)
- 1953-1958: St. Gertrude’s (Monse, WA)
- 1949-1958: Station of St. Mary’s Indian Mission (Malott, WA)
- 1948-1959: St. Joseph’s (East Omak, WA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Paul F Corkery:
In 2018, Fr. Paul F Corkery was included on a list of priests in the Jesuits West Province who was named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse.
According to the Bishop Accountability website, as part of Section 13.1, Non-Monetary Commitments, of the Society of Jesus, Oregon Province, Reorganization Plan (dated 7/18/11) the province agreed to post on its website the names of all members of the province who are identified as perpetrators of sexual abuse in proofs of claims filed in the bankruptcy case, and who have not denied the allegation. Corkery’s name is included on this list.
In 2018, The University of San Francisco presented a list of priests accused of sexual assault and misconduct which also included Corkery who was assigned to St. Ignatius College from 1923 to 1930, a school that was ultimately renamed USF the same year Corkery left.
Information about the age/gender of his alleged victims/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown. It is only noted that there was a report received in 2009 against Corkery in reference to an abuse of a minor that took place from 1948-1953, 1954, 1955- 1959, and 1957-1958.
Corkery died in 1959.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.