Father Paul R. Schnacky
Diocese of Rochester
Assigned as follows:
- 1954-1958: St. Michael Church; Rochester, NY
- 1959: Holy Family Church; Auburn, NY
- 1961-1964: Sts. Peter and Paul; Rochester, NY
- 1965: St. Salome; Irondequoit, NY
- 1966-1975: Most Holy Redeemer; Rochester, NY
- 1976: St. Patrick Church; Cato, NY
- 1977-1979: St. Philip Neri; Rochester, NY
- 1980-1998: St. Joseph Church; Wayland, NY
- 2000-2004: St. Ann; Hornell, NY
- 2005-2010: In Residence at Our Lady of the Valley; Hornell, NY
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Paul R. Schnacky:
In 2010, Father Paul R. Schnacky was placed on leave without privileges after allegations of improper contact with minors in the 1970s. He was serving at St. Philip Neri in Rochester, New York at the time of his removal.
The Diocese of Rochester review board said an investigation of the allegation confirmed the complaint. Schnacky retired in 2005 but was still in residence at Our Lady of the Valley. After he was placed on leave, he was no longer allowed to exercise public ministry.
Schnacky still lives in the Rochester area and is awaiting the results of canonical proceedings.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims of sexual abuse in the Diocese of Rochester. The Diocese of Rochester in New York filed for bankruptcy protection in 2019. Our lawyers are now offering free legal consultations to discuss a potential lawsuit and your other options as a survivor of sexual abuse by priests and other employees of the Rochester Diocese.
Very strict filing deadlines have now been set by the Bankruptcy Court. Most victims of abuse will never be able to recover damages if they miss this deadline, so please contact us to discuss your case today. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.