Father Philip R. Barr
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Placed on leave: 2011
Suits filed: 2011
Assigned as follows:
- 1948-1950 All Saints Chapel (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1950-1952 Our Lady of Grace (Penndel, PA)
- 1952-1953 Holy Saviour (Linwood, PA)
- 1953-1956 Saint Patrick (Norristown, PA)
- 1956-1958 Saint Eugene (Primos, PA)
- 1958-1962 Our Lady of Fatima (Secane, PA)
- 1962-1965 Saint James (Elkins Park, PA)
- 1965-1970 Saint Philip Neri (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1970-1973 Saint James (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1973-1979 Saint Clement (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1979-1995 Saint Edmond (Philadelphia, PA)
Summary of Allegations Against Father Philip R. Barr:
Father Philip R. Barr was one of 21 priests placed on administrative leave by the Archdiocese in 2011 pending investigation for credible allegations involving sexual abuse or inappropriate behavior with minors. The suspensions came after the release of the second grand jury report, which identified more than 30 active priests who had allegations of sexual misconduct in their files.
No information was offered to the general public about the nature of the allegation against Barr.
In May 2012 the Archdiocese’s internal review board found the allegations against Barr to be unsubstantiated, meaning they were not corroborated, and he was returned to active ministry.
He later died in November 2014.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.