Father Philip Colloty
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Franciscans
- 1950-1952: St. Elizabeth (Oakland, CA)
- 1952-1953: St. Turibius (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1953-1957: St. Clare’s (Portland, OR)
- 1957-1958: Queen of Angels Hospital (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1957 & 1958: 2 Summers at San Antonio Mission (Jolon, CA)
- 1958-1961: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1961-1972: St. Anthony’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1972-1973: St. Joseph’s Hospital (San Francisco, CA)
- 1973-1975: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Philip Colloty:
In 2019, Fr. Philip Colloty was included on a list of priests in the Santa Barbara Province Franciscans who was named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Also, Colloty was included on a 2019 list of priests in the Oakland Diocese who was named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse.
It is only noted that there was a report received in 2010 against Fr. Philip Colloty in reference to an abuse of a minor that took place in 1955. Colloty died in 1976.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.