Father Phillip Colloty
Diocese of Oakland
Assigned as follows:
- 1950-1952 St. Elizabeth (Oakland, CA)
- 1952-1953 St. Turibius (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1953-1957 St. Clare’s (Portland, OR)
- 1957-1958 Queen of Angels Hospital (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1957;1958 Summers at San Antonio Mission (Jolon, CA)
- 1958-1961 St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1961-1972 St. Anthony’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1972-1973 St. Joseph’s Hospital (San Francisco, CA)
- 1973-1975 Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Phillip Colloty:
According to media reports, in 2019, Father Phillip Colloty’s name appeared on the Santa Barbara Province Franciscans’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. It noted sexual abuse of a minor in 1955, reported in 2010. No further information regarding the allegation including age/gender of the victims, or the priest’s assignment at the time of the alleged abuse was disclosed. His name also appeared on the Diocese of Oaklands’ list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors in 2019.
Father Colloty died in 1976.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Oakland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Oakland now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Oakland and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.