Father Randal (James) Gillette
Archdiocese of Newark
Assigned as follows:
- 1971-1974 St. Michael’s Monastery (Union City, NJ)
- 1974-1978 St. Gabriel (Boston, MA)
- 1978-1987 St. Patrick (Mexico City, MX)
- 1988 NJ Passionist Provincial Office (South River, NJ)
- 1989 Unknown
- 1990-1993 NJ Passionist Provincial Office (South River, NJ)
- 1991-1993 Foreign Mission
- 1994 St. Paul of the Cross Monastery (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 1995-1998 Unknown
- 1999-2004 St. Vincent’s Residence (Pelham Manor, NY)
- 2003-2004 Passionist Communications, Inc. (Pelham, NY)
- 2005-2008 Unknown
- 2009-2011 Passionist Residence (Bronx, NY)
- 2012-2019 Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Randal (James) Gillette :
Father Randal (James) Gillette was a Passionist priest whose assignments took him to New Jersey, Massachusetts, Mexico City, Honduras, Pennsylvania and New York. According to media reports, his personnel file was released in January 2003, containing a September 2002 letter accusing him of sexually assaulting a boy at St. Gabriel’s Parish in Brighton, Massachusetts in 1972. No further information was found.
Father Gillette’s name was not included in the 2011 Archdiocese of Boston’s Database of Publicly Accused Priests in the United States because he was an Order priest. In March 2016, it was included on a list of accused clerics named in civil claims resulting in settlements or arbitration awards. His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Newark, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Newark now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.