Father Ricardo Mejia
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1977 St. Michael (San Diego, CA)
- 1977-1978 Padre Hidalgo Center (San Diego, CA)
- 1978 Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1978-1980 Our Lady of Angels (San Diego, CA)
- 1980 Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (San Ysidro, CA)
- 1980-1985 St. Mary (Escondido, CA)
- 1985-1988 St. John of the Cross (Lemon Grove, CA)
- 1988-1991 Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Brawley, CA)
- 1991 Leave of Absence (Military)
- 1991-1992 St. Mary Star of the Sea (Oceanside, CA)
- 1992-1998 Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (San Ysidro, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Ricardo Mejia:
On March 30th, 2007, the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego released the names of 38 priests who have been accused of sexual abuse. One name that was added was Father Ricardo Mejia. Father Mejia took a health sabbatical in May 1998 and officially retired from the priesthood in February 2006.
The list that was released by the diocese refers to him as being “removed.” No specific information has been released about the allegations against him.
His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 (or toll-free at (888) 283-9922) or email@example.com to discuss your options today.