Father Richard Delahunty
Diocese of Orange
Assigned as follows:
- 1965-1979 Beatitudes of Our Lord, La Mirada (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1971-1975 Our Lady of the Assumption (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1976-1979 Holy Spirit (Fountain Valley, CA)
- 1980 Our Lady Queen of Angels (Newport Beach, CA)
- 1982-1988 St. Barbara’s Church (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1989-1990 Cathedral of the Holy Family Church (Orange, CA)
- 1991-2003 St. Martin de Porres (Yorba Linda, CA)
- 2004-2016 St. Nicholas (Laguna Woods, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Richard Delahunty:
According to media reports, in a 2004 civil suit filed, Father Richard Delahunty was accused of sexually abusing a boy in 1981. Though, he denied the allegation, he petitioned the court to keep his records secret. He was placed on leave. After an internal review board found “no credible evidence” against him, he was returned to ministry at St. Nicholas in Laguna Woods in November 2004. The suit was settled in 2005. His name appeared on a list released by the Diocese of Orange of six priests accused in 2003 of sexual abuse of minors.
Father Delahunty’s current whereabouts and whether he has access to children are unknown. It is believed he has been living in Placentia, California since 2015. He retired in 2017.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Orange in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Orange now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.