Father Richard Dolan
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Assigned as follows:
- 1962-1966 St. Michael the Archangel (Levittown, PA)
- 1966-1967 St. Margaret (Narberth, PA)
- 1967 Old Saint Mary’s (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1967-1969 Immaculate Conception (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1969-1974 St. Malachy (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1974-1975 Sacred Heart of Jesus (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1975-1976 All Saints (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1976-1981 St. Anastasia (Newtown Square, PA)
- 1976-1981 Chaplain, Boy Scouts of America
- 1981 Left Active Ministry
Summary of Allegations Against Father Richard Dolan:
Father Richard Dolan was ordained a priest in 1962 and served in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career, and left active ministry in 1981. According to media reports, in September 2006, a woman spoke before Archbishop Rigali and clergy about being violently raped by Father Dolan for 18 months, beginning when she was age 14. She had been seeking solace from the priest amidst being sexually abused by her deviant and violent father and her three brothers.
“Usually, sexual predators groom or seduce their victims, but not Dolan,” she said. “He was violently aggressive, and used intimidation and shock to make me submit.”
Father Dolan was laicized in May 2000. His name was not included in the Philadelphia 2005 Grand Jury Report, but his name was included on the secret 1994 memo from Wm. Lynn to Monsignor James Molloy (released 2/27/12) regarding priests in secret archives who were accused of sexual misconduct with a minor with no conclusive evidence.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so please do not delay in reaching out to us.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.