Father Richard J. Pauson
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
- 1955-1956: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1957-1958: St. Mary’s College (St. Mary’s, KS)
- 1958-1959: St. Paul’s Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1959-1960: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1960-1963: St. Thomas the Apostle (Harlem, MT)
- 1963-1965: St. Xavier’s Mission (St. Xavier, Crow Indian Reservation, MT)
- 1965-1968: St. Joseph Children’s Home (Culdesac, ID)
- 1965-1971: Sacred Heart (Lapwai, ID)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Richard J. Pauson:
Fr. Richard J. Pauson, was a Jesuit priest of the Oregon Province, ordained in 1957.
In 2011, Pauson’s name was included on the Oregon Province’s list of its members who have been identified as perpetrators of sexual abuse.
In 2018, Pauson was included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. It notes allegations reported in 2009 in reference to abuse that took place in 1967-1968. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown. During the time of the alleged abuse, Pauson was assigned to Sacred Heart in Idaho.
Pauson died in 1971.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.