Father Richard Martini
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1981-1984: St. Dorothy (Glendora, CA)
- 1985-1987: St. Clement (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1988: San Buenaventura Mission (Ventura, CA)
- 1989-1994: Seminary of Our Lady Queen of Angels (San Fernando, CA)
- 1995-2002: Corpus Christi (Pacific Palisades, CA)
- 2003-2004: Transfiguration (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2005-2008: Unknown
- 2009-2010: Transfiguration (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2011-2014: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Santa Clarita, CA)
- 2015-Present: St. Joseph (Carpinteria, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Richard Martini:
Fr. Richard M. Martini was accused of sexually abusing a boy from 1990-1991 while he was at Our Lady Queen of Angels Seminary in San Fernando. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles claims that after their investigation, the allegations were unfounded.
In 2003, a civil lawsuit was filed, and the Archdiocese settled it in 2006 as part of a large settlement with 22 priests. After the alleged abuse, Fr. Martini was transferred to a new assignment, and the parishioners were never told of the past allegations. In 2018, Fr. Martini was named in yet another civil lawsuit of sexual abuse. He is still an active parish priest at St. Joseph in Carpinteria, CA. Fr. Martini was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.