Father Richard Thompson
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1968-1971 St. Francis de Sales (Bennington, VT)
- 1972-1975 St. Mark (Burlington, VT)
- 1975-1977 St. Jerome (East Dorset, VT)
- 1977-1979 St. Anne (Middletown Springs, VT)
- 1979-1982 St. Augustine (Montpelier, VT)
- 1982-1984 St. Michael (Brattleboro, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Richard Thompson:
Father Richard Thompson served as a priest in Vermont for approximately 16 years. He was suspended from duties in August 1984. He died in 2006. According to media reports, in August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.