Father Robert A. Titone
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1972-1976: St. Barbara’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1977-1978: St. Joan of Arc (Jackson Heights, NY)
- 1979-1981: St. Leo’s (Corona, NY)
- 1982-1983: St. Francis of Assisi-St. Blaise (Queens, NY)
- 1984-1985: Holy Cross (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1987-1995: St. Anthony of Padua-St. Alphonsus (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1996: Absent on Sick Leave
- 1997-2001: St. Gabriel (Queens, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Robert A Titone:
According to media reports, in November 2017, a man alleged that Fr. Robert A Titone sexually abused him in the late 1980s, beginning when he was 11 years old, at St. Anthony-St. Alphonsus. He received a settlement. “He was the greatest thing since sliced bread,” the man said, “and then the sickness came out in him.”
In February 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Titone died in August 2001.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.