Father Robert Koerner
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1937-1940 Unknown
- 1941 Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mission, TX)
- 1941 St. Anthony’s (Penitas, TX)
- 1941-1942 The Guardian Angel (San Fernando, CA)
- 1942-1944 St. Ferdinand’s (Old Mission) (San Fernando Valley, CA)
- 1942-1944 Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Newhall, CA)
- 1944-1956 Guardian Angel (Pacoima, CA)
- 1956-1963 Our Lady of Guadalupe (Billings, MT)
- 1963-1990 St. Patrick’s (Calipatria, CA)
- 1991 Unknown
- 1992-1994 Mount Mary Immaculate, Center for Spiritual Growth (Lafayette, CA)
- 1995 Unknown
- 1996-1999 Oblate Madonna Residence (San Antonio, TX)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Robert Koerner:
In October 2002, the San Diego Bishop learned that Father Robert Koerner had molested several minors during his 27-year tenure with the diocese. Bishop Brom apologized to parishioners but did not recognize that his history was known in the parish for years. The diocesan chancellor said at the time that “more than two or three” victims had been identified thus far, and that they were “generally boys.” Robert Koerner died in 1999 in San Antonio.
His name appears on the San Diego diocese list of credibly accused priests as of March 2007. His personnel file was also released in July 2013, and showed that he had admitted to fondling and kissing both young boys and girls.
No charges were ever filed against Koerner.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 (or toll-free at (888) 283-9922) or email@example.com to discuss your options today.