Brother Robert Noel Brouillette
- 1960-1964: Iona College (New Rochelle, NY)
- 1961: St. Gabriel’s Junior College (Lakewood, NJ)
- 1962: Edmund Rice Hall (New Rochelle, NY)
- 1964-1968: Palma High School (Salinas, CA)
- 1965-1969: Summers at University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1968-1970: O’Dea High School (Seattle, WA)
- 1970-1973: Damien High School (Honolulu, HI)
- 1973-1976: Butte Central High School (Butte, MT)
- 1976-1984: Brother Rice High School (Detroit, MI)
- 1984-1989: Damien High School (Honolulu, HI)
- 1989: St. Johns Indian Mission (Laveen, AZ)
- 1992-1997: St. Laurence High School (Burbank, IL)
- 1998-2001: Special Assignment/Other Assignment (Windsor, ON, Canada)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Robert Noel Brouillette:
Br. Robert Brouillette of the Christian Brothers congregation was accused of child sexual abuse in several states, including New York, California, Washington, Hawaii, Montana, Michigan, and Illinois. Several civil lawsuits have been filed against Br. Brouillette from at least six survivors that say that Br. Brouillette sexually abused them while they were minors at Damien Memorial High School in Honolulu, Hawaii, between 1984 and 1988.
Br. Brouillette was transferred to St. Laurence High School in Burbank, Illinois, where several survivors alleged that he sexually abused them between 1992 to 1998. Reports state that Brouillette’s superiors reportedly knew of his previous alleged sexual abuse with minors at other schools in Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New Mexico.
In 1998, Br. Brouillette was arrested for soliciting an undercover law enforcement officer posing as a minor. In 2000, Br. Brouillette was convicted on ten counts of child pornography charges and sentenced to residential treatment at St. John Vianney, an institution known for treating priests accused of child sexual abuse.
In 2016, Br. Brouillette was named in the Archdiocese of Seattle’s “List of Clergy, and Religious Brothers and Sisters for Whom Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor Have Been Admitted, Established, or Determined to be Credible.” Br. Brouillette is also included in the Christian Brothers’ list of “Current, former and deceased brothers who were identified in at least two (2) sexual abuse claims filed.
Br. Brouillette has been living in Helena, Montana, where he is a registered sex offender. Br. Brouillette has reportedly changed his name to Robert Sullivan. Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.