Father Ronald Francis Burt
Diocese of Palm Beach/Paulist Fathers
- 1951-1955: St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1955-1962: St. Paul the Apostle (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1962-1963: Blessed Sacrament (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- 1963-1986: Good Shepherd (New York, NY)
- 1987-1992: Paulist Fathers residence (Vero Beach, FL)
- 1989-1991: Paulist Fathers Generalate (Scarsdale, NY)
- 1992-1994 Guadalupe Care & Retirement Center (Cherry Valley, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Ronald Francis Burt:
Fr. Ronald F. Burt was ordained in 1951. In 1986, a mother reported to the Paulist Fathers that Burt sexually abused her son. The reports state the abuse occurred between 1973 and 1979 when Burt worked at Good Shepherd in New York, New York.
Burt reportedly admitted to the abuse, was sent to treatment, and was removed from ministry. Burt served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and New York during his tenure. In 2019, the Paulist Fathers named him on their List of Paulist Fathers with Credible Claims of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Burt’s status as a priest, his whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1986 until his death in 1994 is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Palm Beach in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.