Brother Ronald (John J.) Donovan
Archdiocese of New York/Xaverian Brothers
- 1952-1957: St. Teresa (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1958-1959: Holy Name School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1959-1961: Keith Academy (Lowell, MA)
- 1963-1969: Cardinal Hayes High School (Bronx, NY)
- 1970-1971: Fordham University (Bronx, NY)
- 1972-1974: Malden Catholic High School (Malden, MA)
- 1975-1979: St Edward School (Brockton, MA)
- 1981-1982: Holy Family Parish (Concord, MA)
- 1985-1987: St. Catherine (Norwood, MA)
- 1990-1995: Retired
- 1998: Skilled Care Facility (Norwood, MA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Brother Ronald John J Donovan:
Br. Ronald (John J) Donovan was a member of the Xaverian Brothers. In 2019, Donovan was included on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of “Deceased or former Xaverian Brothers with a credible or established offense against a minor (anyone under the age of 18).”
According to this list, a report was made in 1992, alleging that Donovan sexually abused a minor in the mid-1960s while serving at Cardinal Hayes High School in the Bronx, New York. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Donovan’s status as a brother and whether he had access to children from 1998 until his death is unknown. He retired in 1998 and is believed to have lived in Norwood, Massachusetts until he died in 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.