Father Rudolph T. Vorisek
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1957-1968 St. Peter’s College (Baltimore, MD)
- 1969-1976 St. Mark’s University Parish (Isla Vista, CA)
- 1972-1976 University of California at Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, CA)
- 1977-1984 Christ of the King Chapel (Grand Rapids, MI)
- 1985-2005 St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1992-1994 St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center (New York, NY)
- 1999-2011 Paulist Fathers Generalate (Queens, NY)
- 2007-2011 Paulist Fathers’ Motherhouse (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Rudolph T. Vorisek:
Father Rudolph T. Vorisek was ordained a Paulist priest. He died in May 2011. According to media reports, in December 2018, his name was included on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ updated list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted a report was received in 2013 that he sexually abused a minor from 1966 to 1970.
Father Vorisek is also named on the Paulist’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It boted a report was made in 2013 alleging that Fr. Vorisek sexually abused a minor in 1970 at St. Mark’s University Parish in Goleta, California.
In April 2019, his name appeared on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.