Father Salvatore Rodino
Diocese of Albany
Assigned as follows:
- 1981-1983: Blessed Sacrament (Albany, NY)
- 1984-1985: St. Pius X (Loudonville, NY) Bishop Maginn High School (Albany, NY)
- 1985-1986: St. Margaret Mary’s (Albany, NY)
- 1986-1987: St. Patrick’s (Catskill, NY)
- 1988-1989: Our Lady of Perpetual Help-Sacred Heart (Albany, NY)
- 1989-1991: St. Pius X (Loudonville, NY)
- 1992-2003: St. Bonaventure (Speigletown, NY)
- 2004-2005: St. Bonaventure (Troy, NY)
- 2006-2009: St. Jude the Apostle (Wynantskill, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Salvatore Rodino:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany decided to place Fr. Salvatore Rodino on administrative leave in 2009 after allegations surfaced of him sexually abusing a teen about 27 years prior. This decision was made after the Diocese Review Board had investigated the claims against him and found “reasonable grounds” to believe he had abused the teenager in the 1980s while he was at Blessed Sacrament in Albany, New York.
Rodino denied the allegations, and there was no criminal case pursued due to the statute of limitations expiring. The Diocese of Albany announced that there were similar allegations against Rodino made in the 1990s, but there wasn’t enough sufficient evidence to remove him.
As of recently, he has brought his case of suspension to appeal in Rome. His name also appeared on the list of “Clergy Credibly Accused While Serving in the Diocese of Albany,” which was released in November of 2018.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.