Father Daniel Polizzi
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1970 St. Francis Solano (Sonoma, CA)
- 1971 Immaculate Conception (Colton, CA)
- 1972-1973 St. George (Ontario, CA)
- 1974 Sacred Heart (Ocean Beach) (San Diego, CA)
- 1975 St. Catherine Laboure (San Diego, CA)
- 1976 San Diego State University (San Diego, CA)
- 1977-1981 St. Catherine Laboure (San Diego, CA)
- 1982-1989 Special Assignment
- 1990 Our Lady of Refuge (Pacific Beach) (San Diego, CA)
- 1991-1993 On Duty Outside Diocese
- 1992 Christ the King (Kahului, HI)
- 1994 Unassigned
- 1995-1997 Scripps Hospital (San Diego, CA)
- 1995-1997 All Hallows Church (La Jolla, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Daniel Polizzi:
Father Daniel Polizzi was ordained in the Diocese of Santa Rosa. In May 1970, he was transferred to the Diocese of San Diego. According to media reports, in 1996, a hospital bound 16-year-old boy who dependent on a ventilator for several years and only able to communicate by using his eyes, managed to let hospital workers know he had been fondled by the priest. Scripps Memorial Hospital reported the incident to Child Protective Services, the Diocese of San Diego and the police. Father Polizzi denied the allegation. No criminal charges were pursued.
He was immediately suspended after being accused of the abuse in October 1996. Father Polizzi was permanently removed from ministry in 1997.
He died in 2003.
In March 2007, his name was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors, and on the Diocese of Santa Rosa’s list released in January 2019.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 (or toll-free at (888) 283-9922) or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.