Father Sebastian Muccilli
Diocese of Trenton
Moved to Diocese of Palm Beach: 1990
Assigned as follows:
- 1957 – 1961 St. Mary (Alpha, New Jersey)
- St. Anthony (Hightstown, New Jersey)
- 1961 – 1970 U.S. Navy, Chaplain (DaNang, Vietnam)
- 1970 – 1982 Rutgers University, Chaplain (New Brunswick, New Jersey)
- 1983 – 1986 Sacred Heart School of Theology Franklin, Faculty, (Wisconsin)
- 1988 – 1990 St. Damien Clinic & Hospice for Children, Director (Petion-ville,Haiti)
- 1990 Moved to West Palm Beach, FL
- 1990 – 1991 Parish Social Ministry, Organizer, Diocese of Palm Beach
- 1991 – 1993 St. Ann’s Catholic Church (West Palm Beach, Florida)
- 1993 – 1995 AIDS Program Volunteer
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Sebastian Muccilli:
The Diocese of Trenton recently released a list naming each of the priests within their ministry who have credible allegations of child sexual abuse against them. The Diocese included Father Sebastian Muccilli on that list, stating that he was the subject of at least one credible allegation of sexual abuse. The Diocese of Trenton did not release any information about the allegation, such as the gender/age of the victim or Muccilli’s assignment at the time of the abuse.
In 1990, Muccilli moved to the Diocese of Palm Beach in West Palm Beach, Florida, and often was assigned to minister in Haiti. He even adopted a young boy. It is unclear if Muccilli excardinated to the Diocese of Palm Beach or if he remained a priest of the Diocese of Trenton for his entire career.
Muccilli died in 2015 as a priest in good standing.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Trenton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Trenton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims, but filing deadlines apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com.