Father Simon Twomey
- 1970: St. John Vianney (Rancho Cordova, CA) and Sacred Heart (Sacramento, CA)
- 1970-1975: St. John the Baptist (Chico, CA)
- 1975-1978: Our Lady of the Assumption (Carmichael, CA)
- 1978-1981: Leave of absence
- 1981-1984: St. John Vianney, (Rancho Cordova, CA)
- 1984-1990: St. Thomas More (Paradise, CA)
- 1990-1993: Holy Family (Citrus Heights, CA)
- 1993-1999: Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Sacramento, CA)
- 1999-2003: St. Patrick (Grass Valley, CA)
- 2003-2009: Our Divine Savior (Chico, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Simon Twomey:
Fr. Simon Twomey, a longtime pastor in Northern California, was accused of abusing a girl under 18 years old around 1975- 1976. At that time, Twomey served at St. John the Baptist in Chico and Our Lady of the Assumption in Carmichael. The diocese learned of the reported abuse in 2018, nine years after Twomey retired. An investigation by the diocese is pending, documents state. The Sacramento Diocesan response to the alleged abuse lists that Twomey is restricted from the ministry. Twomey returned to his native Ireland after his retirement.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.