Father Stanley Banaszek (Maryknoll)
Diocese of Richmond
Assigned as follows:
- 1970-1973 Maryknoll Missions (Guatemala City, Guatemala)
- 1973-1974 Maryknoll Missions (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1974-1975 St. Mary’s; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Blacksburg, VA)
- 1975-1976 Maryknoll Missions (Guatemala)
- 1981-1984 Maryknoll Missions (Nicaragua)
- 1984-1985 St. Anthony of Padua (Bridgeport, CT)
- 1985-1986 Unknown
- 1986-1987 Urban Retreat House (Bridgeport, CT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Stanley Banaszek:
Father Stanley Banaszek was a priest of the Maryknoll order. He served at St. Mary’s in Blacksburg and as a chaplain at Virginia Tech from 1974 to 1975. According to media reports, Father Stanley Banaszek (also spelled Bonaszek) was accused of sexually assaulting a former altar boy in 1985 at St. Anthony of Padua in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Father Banaszek was removed from ministry in 1992. The case was settled with other accusers by the Diocese of Bridgeport in October 2003. He died in 2007.
In June 2019, Father Banaszek‘s name was added to the Diocese of Richmond’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Richmond. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Richmond, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Richmond now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.