Father Stephen Whelan
Diocese of Oakland/Salesians
- 1970: Salesian High School (Richmond, CA)
- 1971-1978: St. John Bosco High School (Bellflower, CA)
- 1979-1980: St. Francis Junior High School (Watsonville, CA)
- 1981-1983: Unknown
- 1984-2005: SS. Peter and Paul (San Francisco, CA)
- 2006-2008: Salesian Provincial Residence (San Francisco, CA)
- 2009-2016: Berkeley Salesians of Don Bosco (Berkeley, CA)
- 2017-2018: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Stephen Whelan:
Fr. Stephen Whelan is a Salesian priest who worked in several California dioceses, including the Diocese of Oakland and Archdiocese of San Francisco. In 2003, Fr. Whelan was accused in a civil lawsuit of sexually abusing a child from 1970 to 1971 at St. John Bosco High School in Richmond, California. He was found guilty and was removed from ministry immediately following the verdict. Fr. Whelan was sent to a provincial house in Berkeley, California, where he still resides today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Oakland in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in California, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Oakland now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.