Monsignor Thomas David Dougherty
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- Fontbonne Academy (Brooklyn, NY)
- Bishop McDonnell High School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1951-1961: Ascension Church (Elmhurst, NY)
- 1962-1964: St. Theresa Lisieux (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1962-1963: Diocesan Residence, (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1963-1965: On Duty Outside the Diocese (Catholic University, Washington, D.C.)
- 1966-1968: St. Paul’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1969-1978: Diocesan Residence (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1979-1981: St. Joseph’s College Faculty Home (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1982-1995: St. Athanasius (Brooklyn, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Thomas David Dougherty:
According to media reports, in 2019, Msgr. Thomas David Dougherty’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors in the subsection “Diocese of Brooklyn Clergy Who Were Deceased/Or Resigned Prior to a Finding of Credibility.” The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown.
Dougherty died in 1996.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.