Father Thomas Dennehy
Archdiocese of Miami
- St. John the Baptist Parish (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- 1961-1973: Cardinal Gibbons High School (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- Christopher Columbus High School (Miami, FL)
- Archbishop Curley Notre Dame High School (Miami, FL)
- St. John’s Preparatory School
- St. John Vianney Seminary (Miami, FL)
- St. Brendan High School (Miami, FL)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Thomas Dennehy:
Fr. Thomas Dennehy was ordained in Ireland in 1958.
In 2010, allegations were made against Dennehy in a civil suit. The plaintiff alleged that Dennehy abused him when he was an altar boy, when he was 12-13 years old, in 1967-1968, at St. John the Baptist parish.
The plaintiff was sexually abused by Dennehy, forced to dress in a girl’s school uniform during the sexual acts performed. Dennehy was the parish pastor and the principal at Cardinal Gibbons High School. The Archdiocese of Miami said they offered counseling to the plaintiff in 2009, but he denied that happened.
Dennehy retired in 1993 and died in 1999.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Miami in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.