Fr. Thomas Duhe
Diocese of Baton Rouge
Assigned as follows:
- St. George Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Mary of False River Church (New Roads, LA)
- St. Aloysius Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Patrick Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church (Lakeland, LA)
- St. John the Baptist (Zachary, LA)
- St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Pastor of St. Alphonsus Liguori Catholic Church (Greenwell Springs, LA)
- Pastor of St. Thomas More Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Thomas Duhe:
Fr. Thomas Duhe was ordained a priest in 1978, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Baton Rouge. According to media reports, in April of 2010, an adult man registered a complaint of sexual misconduct against Fr. Duhe with the Diocese of Baton Rouge. The man alleged that he was abused by Fr. Duhe when he was between the ages of 12 and 15 years old. The Diocese of Baton Rouge appointed a task force to investigate the abuse allegations, and Fr. Duhe was placed on administrative leave pending the results of the investigation.
After a ten-month probe, the Diocese of Baton Rouge could not substantiate the allegations. On February 12, 2011 the Diocese of Baton Rouge exonerated Fr. Duhe for any wrongdoing, and he was restored as pastor of St. Thomas More Catholic Church in Baton Rouge. He retired from St. Thomas More in 2017.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.