Father Thomas E. O’Rourke
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
- 1943-1944: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1944-1945: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1945-1949: Sacred Heart Novitiate (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1949-1956: Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1956-1961: St. Ignatius (San Francisco, CA)
- 1961-1969: Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969-1970: Sacred Heart Novitiate (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1970-1975: Jesuit Community at the University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1975-1993: Brophy College Preparatory School (Phoenix, AZ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Thomas E. O’Rourke:
Fr. Thomas E. O’Rourke, was a Jesuit priest of the California Province, ordained in 1943.
According to the Archdiocesan Report Addendum, O’Rourke was accused at some point of sexually abusing a minor in 1968 in Los Angeles, California while assigned to Loyola High School.
In 2018, O’Rourke was included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. It notes allegations reported in 2003 in reference to abuse of a minor that took place in 1969. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
In 2019, O’Rourke was also included on the Diocese of Phoenix list which contains names of priests of religious communities who have served in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix and have been laicized and/or removed from ministry by their communities due to sexual misconduct with a minor.
O’Rourke died in 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.