Father Thomas J. Colgan
Diocese of Rockville Centre
- 1949-1958: St. Anne (Garden City, NY)
- 1958-1970: St. Raymond (East Rockaway, NY)
- 1970-1972: St. Paul the Apostle (Glen Head, NY)
- 1972-1973: St. Thomas the Apostle (W. Hempstead, NY)
- 1973-1997: St. Philip Neri (Northport, NY)
- 2000-Unknown: Notre Dame (New Hyde Park, NY)
- 2001-Unknown: St. Agnes (Greenport, NY)
- 2001-2002: Our Lady of Ostrabrama (Cutchogue, NY)
- 2002-2003: St. Edward (Syosset, NY)
- 2003: St. Isidore (Riverhead, NY)
- 2003: Sts. Peter & Paul (Manorville, NY)
- 2003-2004: Our Lady of Miraculous Medal (Point Lookout, NY)
- 2004: Cure of Ars (Merrick, NY)
- 2004: St. Vincent de Paul (Elmont, NY)
- 2007: Mt. Carmel (Patchogue, NY)
- 2007: St. Anthony Padua (Rocky Point, NY)
- 2007: St. Thomas More (Hauppauge, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas J. Colgan:
Fr. Thomas J. Colgan is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The list states that the alleged sexual abuse occurred while Colgan worked at St. Philip Neri Church in Northport, NY, sometime between 1973-1997. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown. Colgan died in 2018.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process, but strict filing deadlines will apply, and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.